FINE DUST AND CHIPS IN PVC AND ALUMINIUM PROCESSES
In PVC and aluminum components’ supply chain as profiles, windows or fixtures, the presence of fine dust and shavings from processing is almost inevitable. When dust and shavings hoards are not handled in an appropriate manner the efficiency of machinery and production processes may be affected, leading in some cases to serious risks of explosion. Especially in presence of fine particles of aluminum the risk of explosion becomes extremely high and is commensurate with the fineness of the particles: when the size of aluminum particles is less than 100micron the powder burns easily and can become the source of ignition in an area with risk of explosion (ATEX zones). For these reasons it is necessary to take precautions in the engineering phase of equipment, providing systems for continuous removal of aluminum powdersduring processes directly on the machine, especially on miter saws and CNC machining centers:
- Thorough cleaning of workplaces, with ATEX certified equipment in case of presence of potentially explosive powders;
- Equip all processing machines with at least one suction device for powder (industrial vacuum cleaner or part of a centralized vacuum system);
- Adopt vacuums and dedusters to ensure sufficient suction capacity and airflow to pick up all the dust;
- Ensure no accumulation of explosive dust, even inside the containers.
INDUSTRIAL VACUUM CLEANERS AND SYSTEMS FOR CAPTURE OF DUST ON ALUMINIUM AND PVC CUTTING MACHINERY
The continuous suction of chips and dust on board of saws, CNC machinery and other processing machinery is an essential factor maintaining the highest safety and quality of product in PVC, aluminum and other plastic materials’ supply chain.
Delfin industrial vacuums and dedusters provide high airflow machineries, ensuring:
- Complete collection of waste arising from processing;
- Maximum quality of the finished product;
- Constant efficiency of production machinery;
- Maximum safety even in explosive atmospheres, thanks to ATEX certifications for work in areas with risk of explosion.